- Andersson, Otto. The Bowed Harp, translated and edited by Kathleen Schlesinger (London: New Temple Press, 1930).
- Bachmann, Werner. The Origins of Bowing, trans. Norma Deane (London: Oxford University Press, 1969).
- Jenkins, J. "A Short Note on African Lyres in Use Today." Iraq 31 (1969), p. 103 (+ pl. XVIII).
- Kinsky, George. A History of Music in Pictures (New York: E.P. Dutton, 1937).
- Sachs, Curt. The Rise of Music in the Ancient World, East and West (New York: W.W. Norton, 1943).
- Sachs, Curt. The History of Musical Instruments (New York: W.W. Norton, 1940).
|Wikimedia Commons bevat media in verband met Lyres.|
- Anglo Saxon Lyres at Yahoo!Groups
- Ensemble Kérylos a music group directed by scholar Annie Bélis, dedicated to the recreation of ancient Greek and Roman music, and playing instruments reconstructed on archaeological reference.
- "The Universal Lyre – From Three Perspectives" Article by Diana Rowan: a survey of three current lyre practitioners and builders – Temesgen Hussein of Ethiopia, Michalis Georgiou of Cyprus and Michael Levy of the United Kingdom.